Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day 4: Celebrity Edition

More visitors have arrived.  Kim's brother came in town from Chicago to experience the life of a Texan.  Though I'm not really sure any of us are solid examples of a Texan lifestyle. 

Kim told us her brother's name was Kevin.  I was surprised to find out that wasn't the truth at all.  Her brother is actually Justin Long.  You may know him better as the actor from the movie Accepted, or the Mac computer commercials.  "Kevin" is just his alias to avoid paparazzi and try to lead a normal life.  It's a very modest thing for such a celebrity to do. 

Anyways, "Kevin" is a cool dude.  He lives in Chicago making films for weddings.  In his spare time, he is working on getting his pilote licence.  After too many hours of sitting outdoors without sunscreen, soaking in millions of harmful diseases from the sun, all of us decided it would be a nice night for a cookout.  While grilling out by the pool, Kevin was trying to explain to me the meaning of the word 'doppelganger.'  I was totally blown away by his celebrity lingo and began thinking about how cool it must be to live in Hollywood.  Everyone was trying to tell me this was a real word (not falling for that one), and that it meant to have someone, often a celebrity, look exactly like you.  He explained it was merely a coincidence that he looked exactly like Justin Long.  I wasn't believing it for a second, until Liz's friend James showed up.  He looked eerily similar to Bruce Lee and also claimed to know about this made-up word. 

I don't know what to believe in all of this.  Regardless of his real identity, I will probably ask him for an autograph before he leaves.  Whatever your real name is, sir, I thank you for being so humble, and enjoy your visit in the Lone Star State. 

From left to right:  Mac, PC
Are you kidding me?!?! Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment