I don't even want to know what my payback will be for posting this picture, but I imagine it will be pretty bad.
This is Ms. Burno. She is my cooperating teacher here in San Antonio. According to sources, she is the one "in charge" of the classroom.
When I began in San Antonio, there were 22 students in the class. Since my arrival, two have left. There is no direct correlation between my arriving and their leaving per se. Per se I just found out is also Latin, meaning "in itself." These Latin people made up a lot of catchy phrases or abbreviations that I love to misuse.
Anyways, Burno here has been both a teacher/example for me, and also my 23rd student. It seems anytime I am teaching and finally get the kids settled down, she strolls in and riles them all up again. She is a kind lady but God, I would have to call her parents every day if I had their contact information. This picture was taken after she was done harassing me with countless questions and repeatedly raising her hand and shouting out. Even when you raise your hand, you have to wait to be called on. Come on.
In all seriousness, I would be dead without her. The only things keeping me alive here in San Antonio are care packages from my parents and Kristyn, the weather, the pool, and having Burno to vent to about the class. They are one of a kind and somewhere deep, deep down I will miss them when I am gone. But Sweet Lou, they are a handful.
Besides being the most patient lady I've ever met, she has also been a ton of help in the job search. She's been giving me a lot of tips for my phone interview on Wednesday. She even recorded a lesson for me to send to the school. I am confident that her shaky camera work will be a great help in landing a job.
So to Ms. Burno--- you have greatly sped up my balding process, but I sincerely thank you for taking me under your wing. It has been a great experience so far and I am glad to have the opportunity to work with you. Thanks again, and can I have next Monday off?
Zach la Sra. Burno fue un puñado de niño. ¿Qué puede hacer con los niños estos días.
ReplyDelete