So Katie's friend, Kimberly, came in town. The three of us decided to head out to start the weekend.
Three people from Illinois hanging out in Texas, there was only one place to go to: Chicago Bar. I know, super creative.
This place was actually pretty cool. According to the two Chicagoans, the place was actually nothing like the real Chicago, but whatever. It was your typical bar-like setting, with mostly rock and rap music playing. People were hanging out, conversing, and watching basketball. All super cool things.
Suddenly the mood changes with the song. Somewhere between watching basketball and having a good time, I hear a John Mayer song come on. Don't get me wrong, I really like John Mayer, but I was confused as to why I was hearing him at this junture in my life. The answer became more-than-clear when I looked towards the juke box. A couple had selected the song and were now slow dancing in the middle of the place.
This was by no means the place I would expect to see a John Mayer slow dance break out.
I looked on with a wrinkled brow wondering if this was actually happening. I thought surely I was dreaming and was the only person witnessing this. Katie then told me the people next to us were also enjoying this show of romance. Indeed they were. I went and sat with these fellow onlookers and asked if any of them would like the next dance. We laughed and talked for a minute to forget about the awful movie scene that was unfolding before our eyes.
Their names were Michelle, Rock (yes, his parents did that), and Anna. We only chatted for a minute and I didn't have my camera. Katie and Kimberly can vouch for all of this happening though.
I am glad they were there to meet. But I am most glad there were there to share in this awkward moment of public affection.
Keep being normal, Michelle, Rock, and Anna.
No comments:
Post a Comment