Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 12: The Roots

San Antonio really has been a great time.  I have indeed met a lot of people since I've been down here through school, and now have met a lot of people because of this goofy blog.  I feel it truly necessary to have my next post be about the people I came here with.  As a whole, I did not know them that well--if at all-- to begin.  But now through our teaching trials, have all grown a bit closer. 
From left to right: Ashley, Tony, Laura, Liz, Kim, Katie.  (not pictured: Alana, or as I just decided to begin calling her-- Mrs. Joe).

I like all of them for a lot of reasons, but the easiness of spelling their names is top 2. 

Liz and Ashley are both from Winona State in Minnesota.  Ashley is a Vikings fan so I knew she was in from the start.  Liz likes the Packers which left me skeptical, but she really came around. 

Tony is from Michigan.  But he's a bro so he was a lock.  He also does cool things like play musical instruments, grow facial hair, and lease nice automobiles.  Someday, I would like to try all three of those things.

Laura, Kim, Alana Mrs. Joe, and Katie are all from Illinois State.  I had classes with both Kim and Alana before coming to San Antonio.  I think we all enjoyed the mind-boggling instruction of a Dr. Clements.  He hails from Australia.  I'll get back to you on his first name.  You gotta Google him.  Awesome guy.

Laura turns outs to be friends with, or at least acknowledge the presence of , my 9 roommates from last semester.  Thus, we had hung out a few times before coming down.  Classy lady, has a cool cowboy hat.

I had never met Katie at school, but she is the only one at Leon Valley with me here in San Antonio.  I can say without doubt she has been the sole reason I have known about upcoming observations or homework assignments.  I will forever be in her debt. 


I also went to my first ever Spurs game awhile back with some of them.  And who would ever forget their first Spurs game?






Whether is be first time NBA games, reminding me of assignments minutes before they're due, or just letting me watch Tommy Boy at their apartment due to the complete lack of furniture and cable television at mine, they are a great group of people.  I am glad I have had to chance to bond with them over these first 10 weeks, and I look forward to the memories that come in the last 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment