I'm awful at blogging.
It's okay to admit what you're bad at. To be honest, if you can figure out what you're bad at, you can begin to figure out how to fix the problem. Did that make any sense to you?
It didn't to me either.
Let's talk about good people. Jama Wahl.
J-Wahl is the principal at Central Intermediate School in Ottawa, Illinois. I will admit, I'm biased. I just interviewed for a position at J-Wahl's school. That's not why she is a "good people." She is a "good people" because she gets "stuff" done. Let me tell you more.
This Central Intermediate School in Ottawa, Illinois, had a flood in 2008. The flood ruined the entire school. They had no where to go except a church. God I'm hot.
I just turned on the AC.
Back to real things--- what are you going to do? Crumple up and fold? No way, Jose. Not only does J-Wahl keep the show rolling, she improves the show. Have you ever seen the movie Waiting for Superman? If not, walk to your nearest Redbox and grab a copy.
J-Wahl (and teachers) improve students' test scores and set bigger and better goals for each and every next year. Impossible? Negative. They're doing it.
Regardless of their improvement and my potential employment, this is what needs to be done in America. We are the "super power" in the world, yet we continue to fail the young people of our society.
It's time to step up to the plate.
To all of the J-Wahls and company who are doing just that, keep up the good work.
Regardless of politics and budget cuts, truth is all that matters. Be honest with kids.
Teach them.
Lead them.
This blog is your best so far Son.....This is the mindset I'd love for you to take right into your first classroom and keep with you until the day you retire from teaching....Kids are influenced by all the things mentioned in this blog....The example of carrying on during adverse times....A positive outlook....A drive to better a student's life thru learning....Teaching year in and year out with an attitude that you ARE going to make a difference in your students' lives....A drive that isn't influenced by negative politics or cuts to budgets....J-Wahls is doing all these things and I know you will too...
ReplyDelete