Wow. I was just sitting around thinking, "Hey, didn't you used to try to keep a blog?"
I have been back home in beautiful Illinois for the past week. (That's not excuse for not keeping up). But now I am back in San Antonio and ready to make up for lost time.
I'd like to introduce you to three great ladies.
From left to right: Mary, Not-a-lady, Ashtreid, Terry
I don't even know how I would classify their job titles. I'm going to go with "Special Education Extraordinaires."
Mary and Terry have been working at Leon Valley for a combined 39 years. I've almost made it 4 months?
In any job, there are certain people that you enjoy seeing throughout the day. Mary, Ashtreid and Terry are three of those people. No matter how stressful or chaotic their days are, they always seem to be in a good mood. It makes me realize that perhaps I should tap into my patience a bit more and be more like them.
One day early in my student teaching, I was really having a long day. I'm not even sure what the problem was, but I was whiped out. Terry saw me in the hall and kindly said, "Woah, Zach, bad day huh?" I believe that's the polite way of saying "You look like garbage, what happened to you?" Anyways, I was indeed having a bad day and did indeed feel and look like garbage. The next day Terry brought me a package of Hershey Kissables. She told me there'd be plenty of bad days, but way more good days.
It's a gesture I will never forget. It's the talking to and goofing with these ladies that keeps me sane throughout the day.
To good people... and Hershey's.
No comments:
Post a Comment