So I'm on my flight back home and I'm sitting next to this guy. It's almost impossible not to acknowledge a person who is sitting so close to you. It's more awkward if you don't. So I did. Our flight was going back to Chicago, so I asked the guy if that was his final destination. He said he was from Indiana-- a town not too far from Chicago on Lake Michigan. He asked me the same, and told him I was connecting to go home to Moline. We exchanged stories as to why we were both in San Antonio.
He was an older gentlemen who has worked construction for 20+ years in San Antonio. He was heading home to visit with some family back in his hometown. I told him the whole student teaching story. We then discussed things like the Masters, places I have and haven't been in San Antonio, and my ties with the state of Indiana.
It was really cool talking to him. However, my ears kept popping and it was awfully hard to hear him or myself talk sometimes. I'm afraid I was shouting much of the conversation and upsetting the other plane patrons. Regardless, it made the time go by much quicker. He was a nice guy, but I never caught this stranger's name. He probably said it at some point but didn't shout it loud enough for me to hear.
Chew gum on planes.
No comments:
Post a Comment